Friday, June 25, 2010

Swish 'n Swipe. Day 24 of Babystep Challenge To A Peaceful Home


Day 24 of the Flylady's babysteps is when we meet the Swish 'n Swipe, which is a fabulous tool for my bag of tricks in my quest for a peaceful home. Ya want another tool? Check this out.



The "swish" means you take a toilet brush which you keep upright in a container next to your toilet and do a quick once around your toilet bowl. No need to get out the cleaner--just keep some old shampoo or liquid soap in the bottom of the brush holder. It takes about 10 seconds.

The "swipe" means you take a rag of some kind and rub the spots off of the mirror (not "clean the mirror; just the spots!), wipe the counter off (after putting away whatever you've left out there), and wipe out the sink. It takes about 10 seconds.


Because I have little boys, I also take another 10 seconds and use a baby wipe to wipe down the toilet seat, top & rim, and base and floor around the toilet. When needed, I'll spray this area with a bleach spray and wipe with a paper towel.

The whole thing leaves your bathroom nice and fresh (the shampoo makes the whole thing smell good), ready for company, in 30 seconds. It's simple and part of my morning routine. Yes, that means I do it every day, and don't wait until it gets stinky. I do my bathroom when I use it first thing in the morning, the boys' bathroom when I do the laundry (it's also the laundry room), and the downstairs the first time I use it later on.

If you have any tips for easily keeping your bathroom nice, please share!

3 comments:

  1. I have put "2 minutetes to keep the bathroom clean" in my morning routine, and now I most always have a clean bathroom for my family and guests.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love S&s ... my routine is practically the same ... allthough I tend to miss a few mornings, when I have to be in school early ... As most Flylady tools ... instant gratification, walking in there aaaaall shiny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it great what you can do in 2 minutes? And so nice to not walk into a stinky bathroom or have it be something looming on your list to be done later.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails

Find us On Facebook