Sunday, June 6, 2010

Hotspots--Babystep Challenge Day #6

Time for Flylady's Babystep #6: spend 2 minutes putting out a HotSpot. What is a Hot Spot, you ask? Well, it's a cluttered area that tends to attract more clutter. It's your dumping ground. It's the first thing you see when you walk into a room that makes the room look messy and makes you feel...YUCK. Here's where Flylady explains what a Hot Spot is on her website.

This is my biggest and most frequent Hot Spot: our dining table. Here is a picture of what it looked like before 2 minutes of clearing it.

You can see that my "desk" area is so cluttered that I'd have to clear a spot just to be able to work. And even if I did that, it would hardly be peaceful enough to promote productivity.

































But, after just TWO MINUTES, now look. Pretty, peaceful. And I even changed my location to have a better view, lit a scented candle, have the flowers in sight, and a cup of herbal tea. MUCH better.
And it only took 2 minutes.

Well, 2 minutes plus the time to move & light the candle & make my tea. Still. ;)


In our homes, hotspots can take over. But deal with it regularly, when it is small, and it changes everything.

It's a good babystep for me; I need to do it regularly.

"Consider what a great forest is set on fire by a small spark."

How are your babysteps coming?

Wanna join in? C'mon, it's fun!


In case you missed it, here's why I'm doing this.
And my posts on Babysteps #1, #2, #3, #4.

If you've posted your hotspot babystep, Leave a link with your comment so that we can all share in each other's progress.

2 comments:

  1. Looks fabulous! I'm always amazed at how clearing a hot spot can make a room look so much better :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is amazing. I don't know why I am always surprised at the results, even when they are so consistent! Why don't I just do it all the time?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails

Find us On Facebook