Monday, June 7, 2010

Pick Out Your Clothes For Tomorrow--Babystep #7

I love this one. But mostly for the children.

In the morning, it's chaotic enough to get everybody ready for the day without all of us still needing to pick out our clothes. Inevitably a child will tell me that he can't find socks, or a shirt. (This is because I really need help getting the stuff folded & put away; but I'm working on that. ) Here's one of the ways I help myself to get the laundry put away.

So, I figured, since it's so helpful for me to pick out my clothes the night before, just think what a help it is for my kids to do it! And it is. It gives me time to find the missing piece while we're not hurrying.

As for me....yes, it's a good habit. But, honestly, I don't have a huge wardrobe. I usually rotate between the 3 or 4 things that are my favorite for the time of the year. Since I stay home most days, nobody sees me. So, I don't really mind that my clothes are repeated frequently. I don't change my jewelry, so this is a simple one.

It takes me about 1 minute to grab a comfortable dress, my underclothes, socks, & lace up shoes. If I worked outside the home or wore more complicated outfits, I'm sure this habit would make even more of a difference!

And in the morning, it's one less thing I need to do. I like that.

How about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails

Find us On Facebook