Wednesday, June 23, 2010

My Afternoon Routine


One of my favorite tools from the Flylady is the concept of routines. A routine is something you do every day, and putting it in a specific order helps you to remember and learn it until you don't have to think about it. And having a little checklist, either on a post it or in your Control Journal can help.


In my recent post about keeping up with the laundry, I shared my morning routine. It looks like this:
  1. Make my bed
  2. Get dressed to shoes
  3. Feed baby
  4. Wake other kids
  5. Start a load of laundry
  6. Prep & drink smoothies (hubby usually does this)
  7. Prep school lunches (hubby usually does this)
  8. Cleanup kitchen/empty dishwasher
  9. Baby to nap
  10. HANG CLOTHES OUT TO DRY/laundry "reboot"
My late morning routine looks like this:

  1. Cleanup kitchen if it's not already done
  2. blog post/computer work/desk work 1/2 hr
  3. declutter 15 minutes
  4. daily mission/detail cleaning/weekly home blessing as needed
  5. outside time or other activity with children
  6. prep lunch
And my afternoon routine (babystep #23), looks like this:

  1. Serve lunch/feed baby/eat lunch myself
  2. Lunch cleanup
  3. prep snacks for school children
  4. put toddler to nap
  5. welcome school kids home/give snacks
  6. story time with 4 year old (and anyone else who wants to join us)
  7. put baby & 4 year old to nap/bigger boys to quiet reading
  8. MY QUIET TIME! computer/reading/nap if I want.
It really is helpful to do it the same way every day; it helps me to not forget anything. Since I've been doing it for a while, it does come automatically so I don't consult my control journal, but if I were new to this or found myself leaving things out, I certainly would.

Flylady gives her routines as examples
. Use any of these to give you ideas; just remember that you need to make it work for YOU.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing :) I`ll probably post my routines too. I love the flylady system too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It helps so much to post it. I'm much more attuned to whether I'm doing it when I've become accountable!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails

Find us On Facebook