Friday, May 21, 2010

Totally Delicious But Not At All Healthy Oatmeal Chocolate Chunk Cookies

I am not going to try to pass this off as a recipe that will help you improve your health in any way. But if you are a chocolate chip cookie snob like I am, you know how hard it is to find one that's made just right. This is one of those cookies, and I just can't keep the recipe to myself since some of you out there just might want to make an unhealthy cookie once in a while, and since there's just no other place to get recipes (ha ha)....well, I'm sharing this one.

It started from FannieFarmer's chocolate chip cookie recipe, but I altered it slightly to suit me.

1 stick (1/2 cup) butter
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup sugar (sucanat would work fine)
1 egg
3/4 tsp vanilla

1 cup flour (I usually use whole wheat, since that's what I have)
1/2 cup oats ( I use quick oats; regular rolled would work for a more textured cookie)
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt

200 g (2 bars here) of semi-sweet chocolate, cut into chunks*

*Note: the original recipe calls for 1 cup semi sweet chips. I LOVE chocolate, and was amazed to find this to be enough (I usually add more than whatever the recipe calls for). I only switched to the bars for the size of the chunks. If this is not important to you, the chips would work fine.

**And, if you're not into a chunky cookie, you can omit the oatmeal and add 1/8 c flour. A regular chocolate chip cookie with this recipe is delicious.

Oven 375F

  1. Mix the butter & sugars together, add egg & vanilla
  2. Mix the flour, oats, baking soda & salt together & add to the first mixture
  3. Add in the chocolate chunks or chips
  4. Chill till firm, then roll into 1 inch balls, placed 2 inches apart on cookie sheet
bake 11 mins or whatever works for you depending on how crispy you like them.

And yes, that's a glass of (gasp) cow's milk in the picture. Which I recommend for taste, not for health. And that's also the only reason to make these cookies.

Enjoy! But only once in a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails

Find us On Facebook