Thursday, April 29, 2010

Whole Wheat Pancake Recipe

From my BreadBeckers cookbook.

3 cups freshly milled flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
2 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/3 c oil
4 eggs
3-4 cups buttermilk*

Mix together dry ingredients (or empty your homemade mix into a bowl). Add liquids. Stir just until mixed. Fry on hot oiled griddle or nonstick pan. Serve with fresh chopped fruit and real maple syrup or raw honey.

Sometimes we have some leftover breakfast oatmeal from another day; this can easily be mixed in to the pancake batter. Tastes good and eliminates waste!

*Anyplace I see buttermilk in a recipe, I substitute 1 cup milk (any kind; I use nut milk) + 1 tbsp vinegar. I know some like to avoid vinegar; I am not sure if lemon juice would work instead, but it might.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails

Find us On Facebook