Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Menu Plan Monday-April 26th


I've been away (from posting, not really away) for too long. It's going to change. Starting by just keeping it "real", not only informative about health stuff. That stuff is important, and I love researching and teaching it, but the truth is, I don't have much time. Go figure.

But I miss posting, and I have aspirations of a blog that actually reflects my life on a regular basis. So, I'm going to start adding more, but very regular day to day kind of stuff. And as I have time, I'll share my "natural" version or take on the topic, as well as add others specifically in that vein.

I long ago discovered the many pluses of creating a menu plan for the week. No need to think about what to make at the late hour of 5:00. That's stress I don't enjoy. But, for whatever reason, I haven't been doing it. That needs to stop.

So, yesterday, I sat down and made a plan. A menu plan, that is, for this week. I'm a day late posting it, but here it is:

Monday- Vegetable&tuna noodle casserole (it was good!)

Tuesday- Pancake supper (whole-grain, of course) with fresh fruit toppings

Wednesday- Baked potatoes with grilled mushroom&onions topping, and steamed peas & lima beans

Thursday- Minestrone soup & salad

Friday (Shabbat dinner) - Roasted Chicken, steamed broccoli or green beans, coucous or mixed grains, fresh challah bread, chocolate chip banana bread

Saturday- (breakfast) Homemade granola, fresh almond milk. Dinner: leftover minestrone soup & challah.

Sunday- Cuban Black Beans and rice

There are plenty of food & recipe blogs out there. I will add recipes slowly. Please ask me if there's something specific you want me to post or explain.

I'm going to try to post our menu plan each week on Monday. I have no idea if any of you out there give a hoot what we eat, but posting it each week will help keep me accountable for actually making a plan. I'd love your feedback. Share what you're making!

I'm going to link up to Menu Plan Monday at I'm an Organizing Junkie. See more menus there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails

Find us On Facebook