Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Do As I Say, Not As I Do

I have a confession to make. I have not been following my own advice.

A short while back, I posted about using a schedule for children home during the day to help keep chaos away.

I haven't been doing it. I've been stumbling around, my big belly and discomfort being my "excuse" for not organizing my thoughts, or my time, even a little. It's not been worth it.

My children are misbehaving. A lot. I'm yelling. A lot. And I'm becoming one of "those" moms who can't wait for her kids to go back to school. I don't want this.

So, I think I can at least manage some of those tips, even if I am not doing the full schedule. The following seems to be the things that I can do now:

Separating them into pairs for playing. Group play of more than 2 seems to consistently meltdown into either arguments or wildness that I just can't handle.

Assigning them activities to do separately. Example: one does a puzzle (he may choose one), one builds with Legos or K'nex, etc.

Not letting them do chores together. They always fight or fool around.

Therefore....reserving group free play for the exception, not the norm. Yes, they have it, a few times a day. Just not all day long.

That's about all this pregnant mama can muster right now. Soon enough, a little bundle of joy will be everyone's focus. We're so excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails

Find us On Facebook